PAEDIATRICS AND VACCINATION
Greenleaf Health Care Centre through its founders and pioneers have a 360 degree approach to explore the limitless potential in treating patients not only with the best of medication but has an undiluted virtue of prioritizing quality of care over business and wealth creation objectives.
What we demonstrate is professionalism, what we exhibit is empathy, what we practice with is expertise and what we have a continuous quest to give, is care, assurance, restoration of each patient in its own and infinite unique ways.
The department of Paediatrics and vaccination at Greenleaf Health centre caters to neonates with well managed follow ups, the growth and development assessment and vaccination required.
Our Paediatricians and Child Specialists are present right from the moment of delivery to start a comprehensive guidance to the newborn and his mother under intensive supervision, from the moment life starts breathing into him or her.
What is Paediatrics?
Paediatrics and it’s cognates, as it is derived from the Greek word is “healer of children”, and the function of paediatricians at Greenleaf health Centre in Hyderabad are dedicated to supervise and nurture the health of newborns and infants as a continued extension of preserving human wealth from the time a patient of Gynaecology fulfils a delivery in the labour room.
A medical doctor who specializes in the field of medicine that involves the medical care of newborns, infants, children and adolescents, are called paediatricians. They work in hospitals and specifically in children’s hospitals, where they work in the sub-specialities of neonatology. The Paediatricians also work as out-patient primary care physicians.
There are numerous specialities in paediatrics, which are as under
- Paediatric Genetics and Metabolism - offers diagnosis management and genetic counselling for children and adults with disorders that are known or suspected to be inherited resulting from a change in a person’s genetic code. Such disorders include birth defects, chromosomal abnormalities, unexplained mental retardation and inborn errors of metabolism
- Paediatric Critical Care – deals with highest level of care and attention for a critical illness or injury, our physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers have the knowledge and skill to help your child achieve the best possible outcome.
- Paediatric Cardiology - offers absolutely recent, thorough and intensive diagnostic and restorative services to patients with existing or symptomatic heart disease.
- Paediatric Pulmonology - provides comprehensive outpatient and inpatient clinical services for infants and children with lung problems, the conditions may be apnea, chronic coughing and wheezing, recurrent pneumonia, sleep disorders.
- Paediatric Endocrinology - treats diseases and disorders of the glands in children, which include growth problems, deficiencies or excesses of hormones from the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal or pancreas; disorders of sex differentiation; and diabetes.
- Paediatric Nephrology and Hypertension - provides diagnosis and management of kidney disorders and treatment of advanced kidney disease in infants, children and adolescents.
- Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine – deals with the treatment and medical care of newborns who have premature birth or are critically ill at birth.
- Paediatric Infectious Diseases - assists in the diagnosis and management of children with a variety of known or suspected infections as well as immune deficiencies, which includes various childhood infections.
- Paediatric Haematology-Oncology - to treat and cure children and adolescents with cancer and blood diseases.
- Paediatric Gastroentology and Hepatology - specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders involving the gastrointestinal tract (GI), including the esophagus, stomach, intestine tract, liver, biliary tree and pancreas, in children and adolescents.
- General paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine - offers comprehensive primary care to children from birth through age 21.
Our team of Paediatricians at Greenleaf Health Centre in Hyderabad deals with the field of neonatal care, general paediatrics and medicine, but are also equipped to understand the complexities that may arise in the other specialized fields which are mentioned above, and thus promptly refer and recommend such cases to the more advanced and best Paediatric facilities in Kukatpally or Hyderabad towards an effort for providing comprehensive medical care to such patients (infants, newborn and children).
Standard Treatment and Procedure Protocols – Paediatrics
There are warning score cards for paediatricians’ basis varied physiological changes in infants, children and adolescents, which can be summarised into Arousal, Alertness or Activity. Breathing efficacy (Cardiovascular), Input and out of fluids, behavioural changes earmark the need for an emergency or a outpatient treatment, or a short stay for treatment. An intervention into the treatment, a continuum or the discharge is part of the treatment in paediatrics, and it’s a call taken by the general or resident paediatrics or senior registrars, who are facilitated on call basis.
Common medical paediatric procedures are an innovative program designed to empower physicians with essential training and continuous education, through short video based learning. There are 13 such short videos on the procedures, each of 8-15 minutes duration. Each Video provides:
An overview of the particular procedure, including:
- Key steps in the procedure
- Equipment needed
- Post-procedure steps:
- Follow-up care
Vaccines and Preventable Diseases with vaccination
An infectious disease for which there is a proven and existing vaccine, is a vaccine preventable disease. Vaccine or the process of timely and periodic vaccination against a range of bacterial and viral diseases is an integral part of communicable disease control world-wide. Vaccination brings down the incidence of a disease to a substantial extent and it also lessens the social and economic negative implications of the disease on the society.
Vaccine preventable diseases currently include:
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Poliomyelitis (polio)
- Haemophilus influenzae type b infections
- Hepatitis B
- Pneumococcal infections
Most of these vaccinations are done for infants and children right after birth and then periodically in the first 2 months, in 4-6 months, 12-23 months up to the age of four to six years, and in some cases where vaccination is done at 8-9 years, the dosage is different as specified by the physicians or doctors, for the child.
This global health chapter of vaccination, with 100% efficacy of vaccines and with 100% immunization, globally, mostly in developed countries, it is estimated that proper and timely vaccination prevents about 3.5 million deaths annually, which is a child death in every 6 children.
Why choose Greenleaf Health Care for Paediatricians
In line with our mission, vision and morale, as a Health Care organization, we have some of the more experienced and expert Paediatricians in Kukatpally or Hyderabad, on board and on call to cater to the health conditions of infants and children. We are proactive, responsive, and empathetic in our approach as children need intense care and utmost attention to respond to any treatment. For advanced and complicated procedures, we promptly refer the patients to more advanced and specialized paediatric hospitals, only after a proper and detailed guidance and counselling to the parents of such children, as we, at Greenleaf Health Centre believe in restoring and nurturing human health and not mere financial gains or bottom-line transactional profit for wealth creation.