DR. V. VENKATA RAMANA
MBBS, M.S.(Ortho), FNB(Hand & Micro Surgery)
is a renowned consultant hand surgeon at Care Hospitals, Hyderabad. He has the noble aspiration of establishing hand surgery subspeciality in orthopaedics. Wrist injuries, Wrist arthroscopy and birth deformities are the domains where he wishes to work forward as they have limitless potential.
He has accumulated more than 26 years of experience in post MS (Ortho), the responsibilities that he has shouldered in his medical career speaks volumes about his success. His untiring and sincere efforts led to the initiation of the orthopaedic department at Care Hospital Nampally.
- MBBS from Kurnool Medical College in the year 1987.
- M.S.(Ortho) from Kurnool Medical College in the year 1991.
- Senior Residency in Orthopedics from NIMS, Hyderabad in the year 1996.
- FNB(Hand & Micro Surgery) from Stanley Medical College, Chennai in the year 2003.
His interests include wrist injuries, arthroscopy, arthritis and managing the more common hand conditions including Dupuytren's disease (surgically and with collagenase injections), carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve compression, base of thumb arthritis and trigger fingers.
Mr. Venkataramana's elective practice is based at the Care Hospital, Nampally where he mainly undertakes work in hand trauma, birth deformities and treatment of a wide range of upper limb injuries.
Career and Achievements
His medical career had a humble beginning completing his graduation and post graduation from the Kurnool Medical Collage. He served as a senior resident hand surgeon from the centre for excellence Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. By virtue of his expertise, dedication and hard work he has successfully served as a consultant orthopaedic and hand surgeon for 18 years in CARE hospitals. From 2007 to 2011 he holds the prestigious position of honorary consultant orthopaedic and hand surgeon for tertiary level hospital South Central Railway, Hyderabad and NICE Foundation for School Health program(a charity organization).
He is among the esteemed medical professionals in hyderabad who has Fellow of National Board: 2 years National Board fellowship in hand surgery from the prestigious Institute for Research and Rehabilitation for Hand, an exclusive 100 bedded hand surgery unit for hand and upper limbs problem, Stanley medical college, Chennai
- Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Member of Indian Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member of shoulder and elbow society
- Member of Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of Indian
- Member of Trauma Association
- Member of Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Member of arthroscopy society
Dr. V. Venkataramana is actively involved in preparing the future orthopaedics. As a faculty member in DNB orthopaedic training program for Care Hospital Hyderabad, he plays an active role in educating the next generation of orthopaedic professionals.
He is an expert in the management of special problems in hand and upper limb -
- Fractures, dislocations and ligament injuries of digits
- Complex trauma of elbow and forearm
- Wrist disorders.-carpal fractures, carpal instabilities & distal radial fractures.
- Paediatric hand problems - fractures of the hand, wrist, forearm. and deformities of fingers
- Compression neuropathies
- Nerve injuries and nerve palsies
- Flexor and Extensor Tendon injuries & tendon reconstructions
- Paralytic & cerebral palsy hand
- Acute & Chronic infections of the hand
- Post-traumatic deformities and contractures of hand and upper limb
- Bone and soft tissue tumours.
- Surgical management of Rheumatoid Hand
- Bone and soft tissue reconstructions by micro surgical techniques
- Arthroplasty & Arthrodesis of small joints, wrist, and elbow
Arthroscopy of Wrist & Elbow
Dr. V. Venkataramana's specializes in Arthroscopy for the examination and treatment of intraarticular abnormalities under magnified and bright conditions. It also includes
- Assessment of various interroseous ligament injuries of wrist
- PathologicaI assessment on the ulnar side of the wrist pain
- Identifying injuries of the triangular fibrocartilage complex
- Assessment and management of radius and scaphoid fracture of the wrist
- Detection of Chondral defects of both radio carpal and midcarpal joint
- Diagnostic arthroscopy of wrist and elbow
- He has in his disposition a comprehensive setup that includes small joint instrumentation and large joint instrumentation.
As a consultant orthopaedic surgeon
Earlier Dr. V. Venkataramana used to manage advanced Orthopaedic trauma like pelvic fractures, acetabular fractures and complex injuries of both upper and lower limbs apart from management regular fractures.